Saturday, January 19, 2013

20 Days of Gold Making – Day 2


20 Days of Gold Making – Day 2



Thanks to Nev of Auction House Addict for coming up with this idea.





If you set yourself a goal, what was your goal & at what point did you set it?


I began my gold making journey at the end of the Burning Crusade expansion. At that time I did not set any type of goal. In Wrath my goal was to hit gold cap but I was never able to reach it. At the beginning of Cata I again tried to hit gold cap at one million. I was finally able to reach my goal and did hit gold cap on April 15th 2012.


As I noted in this post that I did after reaching gold cap I was a little disappointed. My plan was to quit playing the auction house once I hit cap. However the force of habit would not let me stop. Playing the auction house has become an important part of the game for me. I no longer wish to stop because, lets be honest, its fun!


Being able to buy whatever you want whenever you want is a liberating feeling. Being the envy of all your friends and guildmates is fun. Even engaging in wars with your competitors on the AH is fun. All of this has become an important part of the game for me. Just as much as raiding, dungeons, and yes, even pet battles.


I no longer have a goal set for my gold making. I now have enough gold to do whatever I want. I have all the new toys. I enjoy all the freedom that being rich in-game provides. At this point the gold is just a number used to keep score. Its no longer about reaching a goal. Its about the journey. I started this journey to make gold but ended up having fun. I have no plan to stop anytime soon. Its too fun. And after all, isn’t that why we play the game? Its about the fun!




Jafo




No comments:

Post a Comment