20 Days of Gold Making – Day 15
Thanks to Nev of Auction House Addict for coming up with this idea.
Professions - do you have all of them, some or none? Which is your favorite for goldmaking?
I have all professions currently maxed out on six toons.
1) Alchemy (Transmute) – Inscription – Fishing – Cooking – First Aid - Archeology
2) Jewelcrafting – Enchanting – Cooking
3) Tailoring – Leatherworking – Cooking
4) Blacksmithing – Inscription – Cooking
5) Engineering – Mining – Cooking
6) Herbalism – Skinning – Cooking
While I use all my professions for gold making I tend to favor the crafting professions of tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing. Crafting epic, rare, and pvp gear has earned me more gold than I can count. Starting back in Wrath and continuing through Mists these have been my “go-to” professions for making gold. I have found that while other professions have crowded the profit margins on the auction house there is little competition for these items. Perhaps that is because these professions don’t seem to get as much notice by the rank and file gold makers. Many blogs and podcasts talk about profits that can be made from the likes of alchemy, inscription, enchanting, and jewelcrafting. The crafting professions do tend to get overlooked by many.