Friday, February 1, 2013

20 Days of Gold Making – Day 12


20 Days of Gold Making – Day 12



Thanks to Nev of Auction House Addict for coming up with this idea.



What was your biggest 'oops' moment?



I have had many oops moments and they all seem to come from the same source. That is trying to post auctions as fast as possible and making pricing mistakes. You see I post, on average, about 2200 auctions per day. I use the Trade Skill Master addon to post. It allows me to post auctions rapidly. It also allows me to post without paying attention to the exact prices I'm posting at. This has caused me many pricing mistakes that went unnoticed until I received the sales notice in the mail.



My biggest pricing mistake was made by me not paying close enough attention to the price I was listing. It was back in Wrath. I don’t remember exactly what epic piece it was but I do remember that I meant to price it at 100k. Imagine my surprise when I received a notice that it had sold within one minute of posting it. Imagine my surprise when I received the mail from the auction house with only 10k gold. It would appear that in posting I had left off one of the zeros. Not one of my better days.



I still tend to make minor mistakes like this from time to time but I do tend to pay more attention to the higher price listings.





Jafo




No comments:

Post a Comment